General Ira C. Eaker was an Army Air Forces general and advocate of strategic bombardment during World War II.
HOW TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION
1. Pre-Requisite: Be a current CAP cadet, as shown in eServices.
Possess a CAP uniform and wear it properly.
Be capable of reciting the Cadet Oath from memory
(see R52-16 paragraph 5-2 and 1-3).
2. Leadership: Write a 300-500 word essay and present a 5 to 7 minute speech to the unit on one of the topics below. A senior member will evaluate the essay and speech using these critique forms.
3. Aerospace: No requirement.
4. Character: Participate in a character development forum
6. Fitness: Pass the mile run or shuttle run, plus 2 of the 3 other events in the cadet physical fitness test, as shown below:
|Sit & Reach||27||28||28||29||32||33||35||39|
|Sit & Reach||30||31||33||34||37||40||38||39|
Fulfilling the promotion eligibility requirements above is only half the battle. You also need to show that you have some leadership skills. Look at the goals below and once in a while ask yourself how well you're doing in those areas.
|Attitude||Resilient; shows mental discipline in working to achieve long-term goals;|
|welcoming of change; has habit of continual self-improvement|
|Core ||Uses empathy; recognizes how Core Values relate to new and unfamiliar|
|Values||situations; makes sound and timely decisions independently|
|Communication ||Articulate; succinct; persuasive; varies message to fit audience; proficient in|
|Skills||explaining complex issues|
|Sense of ||Completes large projects with little supervision; follows and sets a command|
|Interpersonal ||Actively develops and mentors cadet officers; adapts leadership style to fit|
|Skills||situation; calm under pressure|
|Critical ||Sets long-term goals for the unit; imaginative and visionary; recognizes|
|Thinking||unit’s long-term needs; mentally agile when faced with unfamiliar problems|
|Delegation ||Directs multiple teams and manages multiple tasks; assigns people to right|
|Skills||jobs; delegates well and enables others to take charge|
Cadet Leadership or Aerospace Education Officer
Cadet Executive Officer/Deputy Commander
NHQ must receive either your completed CAPF 52-2 or your Squadron Commander can approve the promotion through the online promotion system.
Eaker Award Fact Sheet