Mission. The Civil Air Patrol Drug Demand Reduction Program assists units at all levels to instill an aggressive, positive, drug-free attitude in CAP members, Air Force families, DoD civilians and school-age children through a comprehensive program that:
• Promotes CAP as a positive community service lifestyle.
• Encourages youth to remain in school.
• Focuses on drug abuse awareness, education and prevention.
• Provides positive activities as an alternative to drugs and gang violence.
Vision. The CAP DDR Program supports the President’s National Drug Control Strategy.
a. Cadets. In the context of the Cadet Program, the CAP DDR program’s vision is: “CAP cadets applying their leadership skills by serving as ambassadors of the drug-free ethic.”
b. Adults. In the context of senior member activities, the CAP DDR program’s vision is: “CAP senior members ready to perform Missions for America, unimpeded by substance abuse.”
Outcomes. Unit commanders will concentrate their efforts upon the goals listed below when conducting DDR activities within their units:
• To promote drug abuse awareness, education and prevention.
• To provide positive activities as an alternative to drugs and gang violence.
• To promote CAP as a positive, service-oriented lifestyle.
• To encourage youth to succeed in school.
• To share the overall drug-free message with the community at large.